Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #21: Podcasts

Confession: I've been dreading this one. I've been worried about what my podcast would be about, what equipment I needed to do it, and hearing my own voice. Ugh! Now that I've done it, though, I'm thinking, "Wow! That was fun! I want to do another one!" I guess what I put together is considered a vidcast? Do I HAVE to make that distinction? I used PhotoStory 3 to make a booktalk photostory of this year's Texas Bluebonnet Award Nominees. I got the covers of the books and the book descriptions from www.amazon.com.



Sorry about the extraneous noise. I ended up doing the audio on this some place other than home, where my microphone was, so I just used the built-in microphone on the laptop. If you listen closely to the narration for Marvelous Mattie, you'll hear my sister's golden retriever in the background yelping as she has a bad dream. Hehe... I plan to go back and redo this so it's more professional, but I wanted to get what I have up on this blog for 23 Things. Also...*ducks sheepishly*...I got tired before making it to every book, so after Lawn Boy, there's no narration.

(It IS taking a while to process the video.)

1 comment:

arkreynolds said...

Really nice job! I want to add something like this to my library page but I dread hearing my voice. Maybe I can get a parent volunteer.